Fashion Designing Course Fees and Details
Table of Contents
It is that time of the year when Class 12 exam assesses are on a whirlwind tour of the various colleges and institutions signing up for their favorite Undergraduate or Diploma courses for the next leg of their educational quest. Fashion Designing course fees, cutoffs, syllabus, and other queries tend to puzzle the aspiring students at this stage.
Online researches offer guidance to student aspirants on what colleges to shortlist, based on the cut off marks, subjects on offer course duration and of course fees.
Keeping track of college admission deadlines can send anybody off on a tizz. So why not have a ready reckoner for our to- be fresher collegians, that is reliable?
Fashion Designing courses are much sought after, given the career opportunities they come with and of course the glamour quotient that comes with it. Gone are the days when science and commerce graduations and qualifications fetched jobs or set up careers.
Fashion design in itself has many subjects for specialisation within and is worth looking at for acquiring additional skills and qualifications, as also to better one’s prospects.
A closely associated skill is that of Textile Designing. Both Fashion and Textile designing as subjects and skill sets are similar in some sense, yet the vary vastly in terms of processes. While Fashion Designing is about lifestyle and entails creating clothes and accessories that enhance aesthetics, Textile Designing is about the process of creating structures in weaving, printing fabrics, knitting and adding embellishments to the surface of fabrics.
Almost as extensions of a fashion design course are specialized courses in the areas of jewelry and accessory design, and these have become important enhancements in skill, as most of India’s top-notch fashion designers have Applicants must carefully consider these differences while enrolling.
Eligibility & Enrolment Criteria for Fashion Designing
- An applicant must have passed his/her Class (10+ 2) or 12 exams with a minimum of 50% marks to be able to apply for a course – a certificate, a Diploma, or an undergraduate degree.
- Applicants wishing to enroll for a Graduate or Diploma must have completed class 12. For Postgraduate studies in Fashion Design, one must have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% marks in Fashion Design
- For pursuing a diploma in fashion designing, the applicant must have completed Class 12 or equivalent from a recognized board
- A Bachelor of Fashion Design with 50% of grades from a recognized university is necessary for a PG diploma in a Fashion Designing Courses.
- 12th such as diploma in fashion designing, PG Diploma in Fashion Design, BSc Fashion Design, MSc Fashion Design, MBA Fashion Design, etc.
Degrees available for Fashion Design Qualification
Eligible students can enroll in a degree course according to the path they wish to choose. Undergraduate courses include Bachelor of Design (BDes), Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Fashion Technology (BFTech), Bachelor of Science (BSc), and Diploma in Fashion Designing. For further advancement, students and professionals can opt for Post Graduate degrees like Master of Design (MDes), Master of Fashion Management (MFM), Master of Science (MSc), and Master of Fashion Technology (MTech).
Top Fashion Design Colleges and Course Fees*
1) JD School of Fashion Technology
- A 3 – year BSc degree in Fashion and Garment Management costs INR 4,95,600
- A 2 -Year MSc degree in Fashion Design comes for INR 3,30,400
- A 2 -year Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Design and Management costs INR 3,30,400
- Advanced Diploma in Fashion and Apparel Design course fee is INR 4,95,600 for a 3-year period
2) National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Course fees for (Delhi & Mumbai) for BDes/BFTech/MDes/MFTech range from INR 2,25,000 to INR 2,71,000
- Course Fee fro Diploma in Fashion Design (Chennai) is INR 2,00,000
- Advance Diploma course fees (Meerut) comes for INR 53,000
3) Pearl Academy
- Course fee for Undergraduate programme in Fashion Design is INR 6,89,090
- Postgraduate programme in Fashion Design attracts course fee on INR 575,810
- Professional Fashion Design programme course fee is INR 395,270
4) Amity University, Jaipur
- A Fashion Design Degree such as BDes (Bachelor of Design) attract course fees in the range of INR 80,000 to INR 1,48,000
- Fashion Design course fee for a MDes and Textiles degree is INR 1,30,000
- MA Fashion Retail/Fashion and Textile Design degrees cost INR 1,50,000
- MBA degree in Fashion Management attracts a course fee of INR 3,60,000
- A PhD in Fashion Management can be acquired for INR 1,20,000
5) Vogue Institute of Art and Design, Bangalore
- A Bachelor of Fashion Design and Apparel Design course fee for 3 years is INR 1,00,000 lakh to INR 2,00,000 lakhs
- A Fashion Design and Management course for I year costs anywhere from INR 60,000 to INR 3,00,000
- A Fashion Design Diploma course comes for INR 50,000 to INR 60,000 for I year
Government Fashion Designing Courses and Fees
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) charges a course fee of INR 2,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 per annum. BSc Fashion design, BVoc Fashion design, and Diploma in Fashion Design have low fees, ranging from INR 20,000 – INR 50,000 per annum.
The leading school NIFT, have their own eligibility criteria and admissions’ processes.
Students have the option to get into a research programme and need to enrol in a Postgraduate Fashion Design course, as is required to pursue a PhD in Fashion Design.
- Admission to these fashion design courses is based on entrance examinations conducted at state and national levels
- AIEED, AIFD, CEED, USED, and other institutes’ admission exams need to be cleared
- Clearing class 12th with a minimum of 50 percent aggregate marks is required to sit for the entrance tests.
Masters in Business Administration (MBA) in Fashion Design Fees
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology in Bangalore offer a 2-year programme for the above courses and the chargeable fee is INR 6.50 lakhs for a two-year MBA in fashion design and Business management.
- Admissions are based on scores in the KMAT, MAT, Karnataka PGCET, CAT, and KCET, and applicants must have a minimum of 50% in their graduation.
MBA in Textile Management Course and Fees
- For the 2- year MBA in Textile Management, one must have a minimum of 50% marks in their Undergraduate degree and a valid score on Management Aptitude tests offered by universities.
- MBA/Post Graduate Diploma in Textile Management is offered by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International School of Textiles and Management in Coimbatore, and Vogue Institute of Art & Design in Bangalore.
- The average cost of an MBA in Textile Management is between INR 1.8 and INR 2.60 lakhs.
- Working in major Textile companies with an MBA degree can fetch on an average INR 2 lakhs to INR 6 lakhs per annum
MBA in Retail Management, MBA in Fashion Merchandising Course and Fees
Similarly, a specialized professional degree such as an MBA in Fashion Design is testimony to the fact that it is a serious career opportunity to consider. An MBA degree is available further in Fashion Merchandising and an MBA in Retail Management are both 2 -year programs involving the production, distribution, sales, and marketing of the fashion business. The course fee for each of these is INR 6.50 lakhs.
Students and professionals may apply at the Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology in Bangalore for the institute’s 2- year MBA in Fashion Merchandising or Retail Management.
IGNOU Fashion Design Course and Fees
As a vocation, fashion designing and its allied activities and businesses have gained tremendous popularity, and IGNOU (Indira Gandhi Open University) has been quick to launch courses on the subject in both Hindi and English. The course fee for the subject is a very reasonably priced and affordable at INR 5,000.
The subjects are Certificate in Fashion Design (CFDE), and open for those having successfully completed their Class 10 education, or class 12, with minimum passing marks from regular school or in a distance learning establishment. IGNOU fashion designing course can be completed starting from 6 moths and extend up to 24 months duration.
Online Courses fees in Fashion Design
Among the popular platforms that offer fashion designing courses online, Udemy, Coursera, and edX are the popular websites to go to. They are well-curated and very affordable starting at INR 455 and going up to INR 700 being Sale prices reduced from the original price of INR 3,499. As such online Fashion Design costs INR 2,000 – INR 50,000 per course.
Duration of these online courses last from 30 minutes to 20 hours.
An array of Skills and Specialisations
Textile Design, Accessory Design, Fashion Technology – focus on designing, printing, marketing, and merchandising fashion products, Fashion Communication, Fashion Management – students learn leadership and managerial skills required in the fashion business, Knitwear Design.
Great opportunities have opened up for Fashion Design aspirants, where top ranking colleges such as NIFT, JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Pearl Academy all have multi-city facilities, and more. A qualification / certification from one of the top institutions can give a student an edge to accelerate his chosen career, with the right exposure and skilling.
Some of these top colleges for fashion design charge anywhere between INR 3 to INR 10 Lakhs for Graduation and Post-Graduation levels.
Take up various fashion design internships and fashion design jobs in the job roles of a Fashion Designer, Fashion Marketer, Fashion Consultant, Personal Stylist, Technical Designer, and Fashion Coordinator. Students are hired as Fashion Designers, Fashion Marketers, Fashion Concept Managers, Quality Controllers, Fashion Consultants, and other positions after completing the fashion design course.
Students are hired as Fashion Designers, Fashion Marketers, Fashion Concept Managers, Quality Controllers, Fashion Consultants, and other positions after completing the fashion design course.
Apart from launching one’s own company and striking out as an independent consultant, there are a host of top-of-the-line fashion brands one can seek employment with and gain much experience. Some of these companies are Aditya Birla Group, Benetton, ITC Ltd., Raymonds, Lifestyle, Levis, Pantaloon, Proline, Shoppers Stop, Swarovski, that one can work for brand, there are a host of other attractive options.
A Fashion Designer’s average annual pay in India is INR 5,25,000 plus, which is about INR 1,38,200 or 36% more than the national average All- India wage for all jobs! A Fashion Designer starts on a salary of around INR 300,000 per year, with experienced professionals earning right up to INR 15,00,000 per year.
Studies and forecasts show that from 2016 to 2026, job opportunities and scope for Fashion Designers in the retail industry itself is expected to rise by nearly 22% with beneficial changes taking place to the Fashion Designing course fees as well. Therefore, more and more applicant students and professionals are looking at the Fashion Design industry to carve a niche for themselves.
Having a creative bent of mind, the aspirants get to achieve a sense of fulfillment in experimenting, challenging their own creativity while building their own businesses and their brands, and going about setting trends. Moreover, established celebrity fashion designers and couturiers and retail brands offer plenty of scope to freshers, those with the right experience and talent for employment or consultancy.