What Exactly is Fashion Communication? Everything you Need to Know.
What is Draping in Fashion Designing?
What is the Draping Process in Fashion Design?
- Preparation and cutting of muslin pieces. A grain line or other important reference line is marked, measured, torn, blocked, blocked, pressed, or marked with other important reference lines.
- It is now time for the actual “draping.”. Darts, tucks, gathers, etc., are formed by positioning the fabric onto the dress form.
- As soon as the desired design is achieved, seam lines, darts, etc., are marked on the muslin while it is still on the dress form.
- After marking, the dress form is removed, and the muslin is laid flat on a table for “truing”. The process of aligning, smoothing out, and completing markings is called trueing.
- It is then necessary to add seam lines and remove excess material after the truing has been completed.
- Once the muslin is pin-tucked together (with all darts pinned), the dress form is placed back on top to inspect the fit and drape for any additional parts.
- During the drape process, all pieces of the garment are pinned together so that an accurate fit can be checked on the dress form.
- A sewing pattern for a garment is created once all seam lines, grain lines, markings, notches, etc., have been transferred to paper by the apparel designer who is satisfied with the fit and appearance of the pinned garment.
What is the Significance of Draping in Fashion Design?
Read https://jdinstituteoffashiontechnology.com/history-of-sari-and-draping-styles/ to learn more about fashion draping styles.