GEMSTONES THAT ARE SIGNIFICANT IN FASHION
With the recent display of gemstones on the fashion runways, and their subsequent popularity is a reflection of our times where we seek to find a connection with spirituality and wellbeing while sparkling down life’s catwalks. Our uncertain times brought about by the pandemic has further increased the significance of gemstones in our lives. Looking sophisticated and stylish and the desire to have positive energy all around, what better way to bring on the cheer than with gemstones?
Both the designers and fashionistas seemed to have found inspiration from these gemstones and have incorporated them in their design collections. Luxury brands too like Boucheron, Bulgari and Robert Procop have focussed on the power of a new way of styling. Garments and gemstones have made powerful statement looks, as also ones too.
Celebrities too have been struck by the power of these energy emitting gemstones, now considered key elements in luxury fashion in the form of fashion earrings, rings, necklaces and bracelets.
Be it a diamond solitaire or a chic rose quartz necklace, crystal adorning is expected to boost self-confidence. They bring harmony and creativity into homes and lives, according to Feng Shui and Vaastu. For cleansing of energies, and to draw from the power of gemstones, they are worn keeping close to the body. Some of the significant gems making heads turn in the world of fashion are: –
- Citrine – It’s a shinning orange coloured stone, and its brightness make accessories like bracelets, earrings, necklaces, stand out. These are suitable wear for all occasions, and is known to bring in positivity all around. As a result, it helps clear negative forces and anxiety. Apart from these intrinsic qualities, it is known to promote individual growth, abundance and helps achieve a life of fulfilment. Citrine opens up one’s chakras – helping heal organs, in resting and overall wellness.
2. Garnet – is a bright red stone known to bring good luck. Being easily available and reasonably priced, the fiery red stone is frequently used in place of the more expensive stone – Ruby, as an ornament in clothing. They also come purple, brown, pink, black, yellow, and green colours making them versatile for complementing our clothes. For a head-turning ensemble, wear plain looking clothes and make stylish jewellery like bracelets and earrings set with garnets stand out.
- Diamond –The expression ‘Diamonds are for Ever’ holds so true. Diamonds never go out of fashion and holds a special significance in all our lives. Milestone events like weddings, engagements, birthdays and graduations, nothing makes an impression quite like diamond jewellery. Quite apart from special events, its regarded as a fashionable crystal that is suitable for your daily wear. Diamonds instantly add elegance of your look.
Astrologically, it is believed that Librans and Virgoans benefit most from wearing ‘a girl’s best friend’. Happiness, luck, peace and prosperity, is what one expects from wearing diamonds. Above all this rock removes any traces of negativity from one’s life.
While formal occasions are the most suited for wearing diamonds, here is how they can be teamed up with daily wear clothing like a diamond studded bag with a pair of jeans and sandals. Layering diamond jewellery with other fashion jewellery is another interesting option. Try coloured diamonds – yellow, pink, brown or blue, or even handmade diamond embellishments that add loads of dash to your look.
- Pearls-Pearls are ever so elegant and classic and every woman must possess some element of it. A string of pearls is the most popular and versatile piece of jewellery, and often worn with a pair of matching ear tops. Pearls transform a look instantaneously. While it adds a sense of purity and class to one’s overall attire, it benefits further by relaxing the mind. Double or triple stringed pearl necklaces give a formal get up. Match this with pearl ear drops and bracelets for a winning look. White pearls symbolize wealth, wisdom, and integrity. It strengthens the weak moon and boosts its power.
- Pink Rose Quartz-The pink rose quartz is a popular crystal nowadays. The glamorous gemstone is meant to embody feminine energy and universal love. Also, the pink colour of the rose quartz is linked with your connection with other people. Therefore, use this gemstone judiciously and fashionably for building or re-establishing harmony and trust. It opens our hearts to all forms of love – from self-love, deep inner healing, familial love, romantic love, a feeling of peace, and love for your work.
The pink rose Quartz is known to comfort in times of distress and helps eliminate toxic emotions. Importantly, it encourages the feeling of self-trust, self-worth, and self-forgiveness.
Bangles and earrings studded with the pink rose Quartz is a fine fashionable appearance. Worn with pastel shades of pink clothing and similar shades of make-up will exhibit a better way of using gemstones with fashion.
Rose Pink Quartz
- Amethyst –Amethyst is used to reach out for healing and restoring overall wellness, and by bringing about a balance of one’s body, mind, and spirit. It is a meditating crystal, used to offer protection to the wearer from negative energies. One important benefit is its power to balance the endocrine system, thus taking care of problems relating to acne, migraines, PMS, weight gain, and cellulite – caused by hormonal imbalance in the body.
Bring out your fashionable side by carrying an Amethyst studded bag, and don a casual jacket or a skirt in that same beautiful soft purple colour. Earrings and a bracelet with Amethyst stones completes a pretty look.
Choosing the right crystal accessory and clothing plays a major role in how you can follow the trend while ensuring your health.