Fashion Public Relations: Career, Scope and Eligibility
The Role of Public Relations in the Fashion Industry
Fashion Industry has flourished through public relation significantly, promoting fashion is an art it recites many of the deportment and attitudes of the public. An optimistic influence of shared opinion is the main target of a fashion public relations manager. This job requires creatively resolving electrifying situations in the fashion industry, such as booking last-minute events and promotion of eminent brands.
Following are some career opportunities in fashion industry & public relations: -
Public Relations Expert
Head of Fashion Advertising
Customer Service Expert
- Public Speaking skills are crucial as an applicant who seeks a post in public relations must be well versed with communication capabilities.
- Blogging skills shows an individual’s basic representation of writing. The art of expressing varied views on certain aspects of fashion, design, patterns and aesthetics all are exhibited through blogging.
- An internship with Public Figures and Influencers will provide finishing to your acquired skill. Mingling with celebrities would open a door to abundant opportunities
- Efficient use of social media will help navigate a clearcut route. Accurate skills in prominent usage of digital marketing, graphic designing, editing, flyers, invitation making, logo designing and so on.
Types of PR Courses & Eligibility:
- The eligibility for certificate courses in Fashion PR is to clear 10+2 classes from any stream.
- The qualification for a diploma in Fashion PR is to clear 10+2 class from any stream. The same applies for undergraduate courses. BA in public relations from Indian Institution of Mass Communication is a suitable course where pupils would learn conveying details to precise audience.
- The competency required for postgraduate Fashion PR is to clear a bachelor’s class from any stream.
Scope as Fashion Public Relation:
Social Media specialist
Customer Service expert
Public Relations Head
Brand Marketing Planner
Event Manager for Fashion PR
- Optimization of sales and increased conversion rates
- Partner with cross-functional teams to drive business and execute new business strategies
- Maintain and create processes documentation to drive team efficiencies
Fashion and Law:
Top recruiters for Fashion PR:
Some famous fashion designers who hire graduates of fashion design programs are:
- Rohit Bal
- Varun Behl
- Raghuvendra Rathore
- Sabyasachi Mukherjee
- J. J. Valaya
- Rajesh Pratap Singh
Average Salary for Fresher:
Strategies for Successful Fashion PR
As a PR one must build a good repute with the fellow media communities. Building a good relationship with them is important as it helps in to meet client expectations & their requirements. Press conferences & press reports are an important part of the responsibilities of a fashion public relations professional. A PR requires to be innovative and hit the chart of creativity while displaying the fashion ideals of respective client. Through involvement with fashion magazines is required to stay abreast with latest developments in the industry.