16 BEAUTIFUL DOORWAY IDEAS
A doorway says it all, it gives a glimpse into the world beyond. For guests it must exude warmth and charm and assuring of a genuine welcome. For the owner it must give off positive vibes that makes you keep coming back home. No matter the style of your home, your entrance can tell a story of what lies behind the front door –here are some inspirational ideas for the next doorway makeover. Because a first impression makes way for a lasting impression. You can put your creativity at work and take pride in a finished job that turns heads. You can have a mix of styles or choose one main style and have elements from another period, another culture or another aesthetic. The doorway area must be neat and clutter free, for a picture-perfect finish.
1. A vintage-style bike, adds to the charming wrought-iron decoration around the pillar arches in this lovely portico. White and blue are smart combinations to go for.
2. With a third of the doorway covered with Chevron glass, allows light falling through and maintains privacy at the same time. Moreover, the chevron-patterned front fence matches the detailing on the glass. A polished door with an adjacent glass panel adds a modern dimension.
3.For depth and dimension to a front entrance, add a roofline (seen above) and voila! You have a portico. Add greenery or make it a sit out for sipping a sundowner. Place an easy chair or two and make the best of this portico in fine weather.
4. A bright yellow door immediately livens up any atmosphere and brings vibrancy to a space. It’s a colour that would make anyone feel welcome. The natural look and the neutral shade of the doormat creates a nice contrast, and so do the white doorframe and grey wall colours.
5. Two different textures used for this wooden doorway, with a fixed panel and the main door. Both parts are separated by a vertical glass window. Truly artistic. Moreover, the fixed panel can be decorated with picture frames, light fittings or even hanging plants. A name plate done creatively will all go to make the doorway standout
6. A doorway framed with the help of breezeblocks or friezes, indeed give an eastern vibe to an otherwise modern look. Stoneware planter matches the overall colour scheme.
7. The two large stone planters on either side on the doorway set on the harlequin mosaic tile flooring, is a nice match. Planters bring symmetry, and so do the white pillars in the foreground, and the two glass panels either side of the main door.
8. The entire doorway area done in wood, adds warmth and contrasts with the wall around the main door. Effective dimmer lights on the ceiling of the entryway casts a glow, when reflecting off the wood panelling. The two planters are placed to balance an off-centre doorway.
9. Near eastern artistic touches are created with row of palms, arched doorway and the trellised pottery planters.
10. Homes with lawns, can use flagstones to create a curved pathway which would complement angles and lines of the entranceway, as seen in the image above.
11. An ultra-modern look is brought about by using polygonal shapes for the entrance. The solid charcoal black colour of the doorway stands out in sharp contrast with the exposed brick wall above the door frame. The dim lighting beyond the door into the hallway creates the look of a night club. Some do prefer a fun theme!
12. For those who have an unrestricted view of an expanse of water bodies, or nature for that matter, will find glass door most suitable to take in a picture-postcard view. Keeping the back and front entrances open, allow for good cross-ventilation.
- A decorative grill door has been installed in the main entrance for an Art Deco vibe. The lamps fixed off the walls on either side match the aesthetic, so does the overall façade. A reflection of someone’s personal style.
14. A quaint and a cute cottage type of look is created here with the wood panelling, and the sloping roof. The white exterior tells of a bigger house that it actually is. The warm glow of the porch light, the small window created into the exterior wall adds to its neatness and attraction.
15.The attraction of this home is the lighting that has been creatively used to create modernness, and bring into focus the interesting design elements of the façade. Check out the vertical lighting that matches with the vertical door handle.
16. This gorgeous Mediterranean arched doorway has been created using tiles with a Moorish vibe. Moreover, the heavy Roman door and the flagstones in the pathway have been given a distressed look for effect.
Any of these elements can be adapted to doorways in flats and apartments that condo living has brought in its wake!