Course Overview :
- The course enables the students to understand the proportion and contours of the human form and to facilitate fluency in the expression of fashion concepts
- Learners will be able to develop approach towards ideations and confidence in presenting work creatively.
- Learners will be able to enhance their drawing skills and illustrate their ideas in different styles with rendering skills and detailing.
Learning Outcomes :
- To enable the students to present an effective portfolio by using their illustration skills.
- To be able to make fashion stories.
- To widen the scope of fashion art in portfolio presentations.
Students will gain employment opportunities with designers, retail brands, advertorial magazines, print media, electronic media as well as Stylists. They may also venture into work for individual clients.
- Introduction to Fashion Illustration
- Role of a Fashion Illustrator
- Color Theory
- Drawing Fashion Figures – Male and Female
- Creating Mood Boards and Inspiration Boards
- Introduction to Stylized Fashion Drawing
- Draping and rendering different fabric and textures
- Draping and rendering different clothing categories
- Final Portfolio Presentation